Players while playing Minecraft must have come across the foxes who are cute, nocturnal mobs present in the various biomes of Minecraft. These little creatures are tough to spot. A lot of players show keen interest to befriend these little creatures. Because foxes are nocturnal creatures who only engage at night, be sure you’re prepared to protect yourself. They’re also extremely wary and chances are will run away on being approached.
Features of Minecraft Fox
- Health points: 10 (Java Edition); 20 (Bedrock Edition)
- Behavior: Passive
- Attack strength: Easy and Normal- 2; Hard- 3
- Hitbox Size: Height- 0.6 Blocks; Width- 0.7 Blocks
- Items usable: Sweet Berries, Lead
- Attacking Behavior: Foxes frequently hunt on chickens, rabbits, cod, salmon, and tropical fish to feed themselves. Foxes, on the other hand, do not attack wolves, even if they are being chased by them. Mobs that have damaged a player that the Foxes trust can also be targeted by the pet foxes.
- Predators: In Minecraft, a fox can only be eaten by two predators: wild wolves and polar bears. Within a 16 to 18-block radius, wild wolves can be dangerous for foxes. In the Java edition, polar bears can sneak up on foxes, whereas in the Bedrock Edition, they can only attack foxes within 16 blocks. Even in general passive baby polar bears, will attack foxes inside 16 blocks. Talking of predators, did you check How to defeat Ender Dragons in Minecraft?
- Items: If a fox comes close to an object, it will go to it and grab it, making the object to appear in its mouth. A fox can pick up any item that the player can collect and this behaviour is not confined to a certain sort of item. However, they prioritise obtaining food products, and if they have previously picked up a non-food products, they substitute them with food.
- Sleeping: Foxes try to sleep in a space with a skylight level of 14 or less. If they are within 12 blocks of an armour stand, they do not sleep. It wakes up if the skylight at the fox’s position rises to 15 or higher. Even when linked to a lead, friendly foxes can fall asleep. It’s uncommon to find a lone fox because they tend to congregate with other foxes, even sleeping next to one other at times.
Also Check: How to Make Lead in Minecraft?
Where do Foxes spawn in Minecraft?
Foxes are more difficult to get spotted than some of the other more common Minecraft creatures. To find them, you can search the Taiga biomes. These are the cooler forests found on the surface, and they are divided into three types: normal, snowy, and giant tree Taigas. At night, foxes can be seen in taiga biomes, usually because they like to nest in green forests. Foxes spawn in groups of two to four in certain places, and can sometimes be found spawning as baby foxes too. If you’re looking for a specific colour, it is important to note that red foxes may be found in the regular Taigas while white foxes may be found in the snowy ones.
Checkout: How to Craft Lectern in Minecraft?
We’ll go over on how to discover and tame a fox so you can have one of your own in the future.
How to tame a Fox & Breed them?
To tame a fox in Minecraft, you’ll need to put in some effort, since you’ll need to go out at night and preferably have some sweet berries in hand.
To tame a fox in Minecraft, you must first create a new fox which basically means, you must persuade foxes to breed. Giving one sweet berry to one fox and another sweet berry to the fox you want it to breed with is all it takes. Then you’ll have to wait for them to mate. You can count on the newly hatched fox to remain loyal to you. The matter of concern here is that it will want to follow the other foxes as well. So you’ll have to get it away from the other foxes if you want the fox to follow you. Attaching a lead to it and walking away from other groups of furry animals is the best method to achieve this.
Even though you can locate leads in the wild, you’ll most likely have to make one with four string and one slimeball. They can also be located in the wild in jungle temples, dungeons, bartering, from drops, breaking cobwebs, desert pyramid chests, fishing, and cat gifts. Mating a white and a red fox will have a 50% chance of the offspring being either white or red in colour, whereas if both the mating foxes are of the same colour, it will produce offspring of the same colour as them.
Tame foxes are fiercely loyal creatures, and will even fight for you when other mobs attack you. The only problem is they run away as soon as the sun is up, which is why fencing them would be advisable. You can also learn to make a fence in Minecrcaft by clicking here.
You can check out this You Tube Tutorial on How to Tame Foxes in Minecraft:
Now that you know how to tame a fox in Minecraft, all you have to do is head out into the biomes of your liking and collect some faithful pets for yourself!