Villagers are passive mobs in Minecraft and they are so helpful in the game as they help in farming, trading, and other tasks. You can find villagers in villages, which spawn in plains, snowy tundras, savannas, deserts, and other biomes. If the user farms villagers, that will be helpful for various reasons. The trading hall should be filled with villagers, but doing this via kidnapping them is not beneficial. So, it is better to breed the villagers instead of having an artificial breeder.
How to Breed Villagers in Minecraft?
Breed the villagers by providing them ideal accommodations like beds, food, and more. To feed the villagers, you need to throw food at them and let them get it in their inventory. If two villagers are nearby and are ready at the same time, then they meet and spawn a baby villager between them.
There are two ways of breeding villagers, one is manually and the other one is the automatic breeder. Let us check out both the ways and learn how to breed villagers in Minecraft.
1. Automatic Breed
Steps for Automatic breed:
For automatic breed, the area around the village must be clean so the breeder works properly. Make sure the village is small so no other villages can come. There are three villagers that are needed to start the process, the Farmer, Breeder, and Detector.
- Farmer: It collects food from crops to feed the villagers.
- Breeder: Collects food from farmers and does breeding.
- Detector: For breeding, it registers the nearby beds.
Checkout: How to tame a Fox in Minecraft?
2. Manual Breeder
There are different ways of manual breeding, from which few are explained below.
For manual breeding, you need a big space for 3 or more beds. Let’s check out the whole process in a step-by-step guide.
- First of all, find a village for that you need to be patient as it may take a while. You can find it in plains, deserts, taiga, and savannah biomes. In the village, make sure there are at least 2 villagers.
- To breed the villagers, they need a bed for both the villagers. For each villager, you will need to craft a new bed. For that, you will need 3 blocks of wool and 3 wooden plank blocks from the crafting table.
- After some time, a baby will appear and claim its bed. Repeat this process as many times as you want, till the unclaimed beds are there in the area.
Breed Villagers by Throwing Food
This is one of the easiest ways to breed villagers. You need to have enough food to give them. Just throw food on the ground and they will run over it to pick the food. Once they got food in their inventory, the “willingness” will increase. When there will be 12 carrots, 12 potatoes, 12 beetroots, or 3 bread in the inventory, the villagers are ready for willing. One of this food should be there in the right amount in the inventory to breed the villagers.
Also Check: How to Defeat the Ender Dragon in Minecraft?
You can also check out the video to know the process of breeding villagers:
Finally, wait for the villagers to breed. They are ready to breed when the villagers face each other and heart floats all around them. After this happens, a small villager will come, it takes around 20 minutes for the baby villager to become an adult.